I’ll admit it, I’m a smoothie addict. Then again, who isn’t. One of my favorite smoothies is:
The Peanut Butter Pie from Native Sun.
6 oz. Almond Milk
8 oz. Banana
4 oz. Roasted Peanuts
1-2 Scoops of Ice
I got tired of paying $7 a smoothie, so I made my own. I’ve been making this religiously for months now and it still hits the spot.
My Peanut Butter Pie Remix:
1 Big Spoon of Peanut Butter
1 Frozen Banana
1 Handful of Trader Joes Vanilla Almond Clusters Cereal
1 Cup of Vanilla unsweetened Almond Milk
The cereal inspiration is from the world famous dessert spot in NYC called Momofuku Milk Bar.
Cereal Milk soft serve wrapped in Cornflake Crunch
How to make it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fkvu5i6Xlk
1) Don’t use ice because it will water it down. The frozen banana is your ice.
2) If you have a shitty blender, soak your banana in the almond milk for a couple minutes before blending.
3) Scrape your peanut butter off the spoon with the frozen banana.
4) Freeze a ton of unpeeled bananas before hand so when you need a smoothie your ready.
5) Blend til smooth and enjoy!